We’ve heard this time and time again, “the money is in the list”. — But I prefer to say, the magic is in your list.
Every entrepreneur out there will tell you that you need to be growing your list. And there are loads of ways to do it, some of which cost money and others that don’t.
Here are the top 6 strategies you can use in growing your list starting today!
1. Resource Guide / Checklists: Create a resource guide or a checklist that will support a pain point from your ideal client. For example, if you are a videographer it could be a list of FREE music sites that can be used in your brand video. It doesn’t have to be super fancy, but what it does need to do is solve a problem and be easy to read and ultimately allow your ideal client to start implementing straight away.
2. Group Challenges: Create a group challenge that helps people over come something. It could be a challenge on eliminating sugar from your diet for 5 days, getting more visible online, or decluttering your home. Pick one topic and do the challenge for 3-5 days max.The shorter the better. Engagement on challenges can be awesome in the first few days, but people tend to drop off after a certain amount of time. Try not to overwhelm your peeps with more than that.
3. Scope or Blab Daily: Hop on Periscope or Blab every day and share your tips and tricks. The key about using Blab and Periscope is to use hashtags. They are considered search terms, so make sure to use relevant key words so that your ideal clients can easily find you and listen in.
Don’t forget to include a call to action (CTA) on each of your Blabs or Periscopes. Do this twice. Once in the middle and once at the end. This is a great way to grow your list and you get to continue building a rapport with them weekly on your email list.
Make it easy for the viewers to get to the link, write it on a post-it note and show it to the camera. That way your viewers can write it down. And even a friend on there can type it into the chat for your, at least on Periscope.
4. Joint Venture Partners: Team up with another entrepreneur in your industry, ideally someone who might be doing a bit better than you. Connect and create a partnership where you are each promoting each other’s programs, which will give you exposure to a new set of people. Do this with a few JV partners and you can really start to see your list grow.
5. Daily Videos: You can create a daily video each day and post it on YouTube using SEO, and other various social media sites. I personally LOVE short and sweet. So I highly suggest keeping it short and to the point.
And do NOT forget to have a call to action at the end. It can be to join your Facebook group, where they have to give you an email address to get access or give them your checklist or other Free opt-in. It not only builds up your know, like and trust factor, and it gets them on your list so you can be adding even more value to them.
6. Facebook Ads. Yes, I know these cost money, but I truly believe you should be running FB ads as part of your list building activities on an ongoing basis. It is essential. You don’t have to spend a fortune each month, but it’s truly key to growing your list.
If you want to learn more about how to market yourself and grow your list, I’m running a FREE 5 day challenge that starts on Monday, February 8! >> JOIN HERE.
What is one way you can start growing your list today? Share below in the comments. I would love to hear from you.
Share this Post